If you attended a football game at Jack Trice Stadium in 2012, this message is for you.
Thank you! Your participation in Cyclone football is making a difference. While the Cyclones have earned three bowl games in four years and Coach Paul Rhoads has authored a significant victory each season, Iowa State fans are establishing a reputation, too. Here are notable items to consider:
· Our average home crowd of 55,274 this fall broke the school record;
· More fans attended games in Jack Trice Stadium in 2012 than any prior year (33,118 more than in 1980);
· A crowd of 56,800 vs. Kansas State set a stadium record;
· The Cyclones sold 40,556 season tickets to break its old record by 7.1%;
· Iowa State extended its string of home crowds of at least 50k to 13 games in a row;
· Iowa State’s percent of capacity filled was 16th-best nationally and fourth in the Big 12.
Ten years ago, Iowa State sold 24,650 season tickets. This year’s total was 65% higher. Ten years ago, the Cyclones averaged 43,961 fans at home. This year’s norm was 26% higher. Cyclone football is trending upwards and we’re thankful you’ve committed to enjoying it in person at Jack Trice Stadium. See you in a bowl game, soon.
Reader feedback is welcome at email@example.com. You can also follow me on Twitter at twitter.com/SteveMalchow